We are firmly committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Information and maintain robust physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information in our care.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
“Personal information” means any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available is capable of identifying such person, i.e.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number and related information
- Passport number
- Any other information you provide when you communicate or book travel with us
- Financial and tax-related information (for example your income, investments and tax residency)
- Employment and education details (for example, the organization you work for, your job title and your education details)
At the time of availing our Services, sensitive personal data or information may be required to be collected by us. Sensitive personal data or information means such personal information which consists of information relating to:
- financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
Sensitive information is a type of personal information and will only be collected where it is reasonably necessary for us to perform the functions and/or activities in provision of our Services. An example of sensitive information and its use includes when we ask of you to disclose any medical issues or conditions that may be of relevance for your booking.
OTHER INFORMATION THAT WE MAY COLLECT
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
- Your usernames, passwords, email addresses and other security-related information used by you in relation to our Services.
- Transactional history (other than banking details) about your e-commerce activities, buying behaviour.
- If you request us to provide visa related services, then copies of your passport, bank statements, originals of the filled in application forms, photographs, and any other information which may be required by the respective embassy to process your visa application.
- IP address, browser type and language, your access times
- Information in any complaints you make
- Details of how you use our products and services
- CCTV footage and other information we collect when you access our premises
- Recording of telephone calls to our representatives and call centers and
- Details of how you like to interact with us, and other similar information relevant to our relationship
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where possible we will collect Personal Information directly from you. Generally, this will be collected by us when you deal with us or our service providers, either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our Websites. We may request information about you when you purchase or make enquires about our Services other products; when you enter competitions, register for promotions or when you request brochures or other information. We may also collect information when we invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback or when you register as a member and complete your personal profile and preferences.
We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected), and other third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Other organisations may also provide us with your information in order to allow us to facilitate the provision of our Services.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Trip Desire collects, holds, uses and discloses your Personal Information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
- providing you or an entity with which you are connected, with travel advice, travel products and associated services;
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- developing and facilitating a business relationship with you or an entity with which you are connected;
- identifying and informing you of services that may be of interest to you.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your Personal Information for provision of our Services and/ or other ancillary service.
We may use and disclose your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as any one or more of the following purposes:
- to complete your booking or purchase, including to process your payment, communicate with you regarding your booking or purchase, and provide you with related customer service. We may use passport information for the purpose of international flight travel bookings.
- to send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and other policies.
- identification of fraud or error;
- regulatory reporting and compliance;
- developing, improving and marketing our Services;
- servicing our relationship with you, amongst other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you or you have identified an interest in;
- involving you in market research gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you;
- to facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- internal accounting and administration
- to facilitate social sharing functionality.
- to allow you to send messages to another person through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- keep you informed of the transaction status.
- send booking confirmations, updates, reminders either via sms. Whatsapp or through other mode of communications.
- allow our customer service to contact you, if necessary.
- customize the content of our Website.
- request for reviews of products or services or any other improvements;
- send verification message(s) or email(s);
- validate/authenticate your account and to prevent any misuse or abuse.
- contact you on your birthday/anniversary to offer a special gift or offer
Please note that while making a booking, we may use Personal Information including, payment details which include cardholder name, credit/debit card number (in encrypted form) with expiration date, banking details, wallet details etc. as shared and allowed to be stored by you. We may also use the information of travellers list as available in or linked with your account. This information is presented to the user at the time of making a booking to enable you to complete your bookings expeditiously.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- as permitted or required by law;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- to our third party service providers as well as to our related entities;
- To our third-party travel-related suppliers, such as airlines, hotels, car rental, bus and tour packages so that they may provide the products and services that you book or purchase using the Services.
- to third parties we have contracted with who may involve you in market research for the purpose of servicing our relationship with you and improving the Services we provide.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services. You may also choose to disclose your Personal Information on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information on the Services.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
CROSS BORDER DATA TRANSFER AND WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
If you have any concerns in the processing your data and wish to withdraw your consent, you may do so by writing to the following email id: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if such processing of data is essential for us to be able to provide service to you, then we may not be able to serve or confirm your bookings after your withdrawal of consent. For instance, if you want to book any international holiday package in fixed departures (group bookings), then certain personal information of yours like contact details, gender, dietary preferences, choice of room with smoking facility, any medical condition which may require specific attention or facility etc. may have to be shared by us with our vendors/third party service providers in each city where you will stay and they may further process this information for making suitable arrangements for you during the holiday. Such sharing and processing of data may extend to the hotel where you will stay or the tour manager who will be your guide during the travel.
A withdrawal of consent by you for us to process your information may:
- severely inhibit our ability to serve you properly and in such case, we may have to refuse the booking altogether, or
- unreasonably restrict us to service your booking (if a booking is already made) which may further affect your trip or may compel us to cancel your booking.
We have implemented stringent physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We regularly review security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us as provided in “Contact us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use of your Personal Information. You may opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis by following the instructions contained in each such email or by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact us” section below. You may opt-out of receiving push notifications from us through your device settings. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
ACCESS, CORRECTION AND DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to ensure the Personal Information we hold is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the applicable laws, you have a right to access and seek correction of your Personal Information that is collected and held by us. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us in accordance with the “Contact us” section below. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Phone: 24X7 dedicated Customer Care
Toll free from within India: 1800 120 8653
Email Address: email@example.com
Office Address: 91 Springboard Udyog Vihar 90B, Delhi – Jaipur Expressway, Udyog Vihar, Sector 18, Gurugram Haryana 122008